Published on:

What Court Should You File Your Massachusetts Personal Injury Case In?

If you are representing yourself in your Massachusetts accident claim (referred to as a pro se plaintiff in Latin) and the insurance company has denied your claim, you may have to file a lawsuit.  Before you can file a lawsuit, you will need to know which court is proper.  Generally speaking, Massachusetts Small Claims courts have jurisdiction where there is no more than $2000.00 in damages.

If your damages are between $2000.00 and $25,000.00, then you may file your lawsuit in a district court.  If your damages exceed $25,000.00, you may file in a superior court.  There are many other procedural rules that you need to be concerned about, but, knowing the proper court to file your lawsuit is a good start with.

Feel free to contact me with any Massachusetts personal injury questions you may have.

Tags: and

Contact Information