If you have suffered a slip and fall accident in Massachusetts, here are some steps you should take:
- Seek medical attention: Your safety and well-being should be your top priority. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not think you are seriously injured, it is still a good idea to get checked out by a doctor.
- Document the accident: If you are able to do so, try to take pictures or videos of the scene of the accident and any hazards that may have caused your fall. You should also make a record of the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident: If the slip and fall occurred on someone else’s property, it is important to report the accident to the property owner or manager. If the slip and fall occurred on public property, you should report the accident to the appropriate government agency.
- Keep track of your damages: Keep track of any medical bills, lost wages, and other damages you have incurred as a result of the slip and fall accident. This documentation will be important if you decide to pursue a claim for damages.
- Consult with an attorney: If you have suffered serious injuries or significant damages as a result of a slip and fall accident, you may want to consider speaking with an attorney. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options and advise you on the best course of action.
It is important to remember that every slip and fall case is different and the specific steps you should take may vary depending on the circumstances of your case. If you have any questions or concerns, it is always a good idea to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. At Earley Law Group Injury Lawyersa team of experienced and dedicated catastrophic injury and trial attorneys are always available to help consult you in making the decision that’s best for you. We offer free consultations, without any obligations. Call us today at 617-444-7777.