Published on:

Massachusetts Slip and Fall Accidents at Retail Stores and Incident Reports

Generally in Massachusetts, if you slip and fall at a retail store, the store will refuse to give to you a copy of the incident report.  The insurance adjuster assigned to your claim will also refuse to give to you a copy, even if you have an attorney working the case for you.

Usually, the only way to get your hands on the report is for your attorney to file a lawsuit against the store.  During the discovery phase of the litigation is when the incident report will be forked over by the attorneys representing the store.

Therefore, if you are having trouble getting your hands on the accident report, do not be surprised if the store refuses to give it you, prior to litigation.  Finally, if you are hurt at a retail store, make sure to report your accident to store personnel immediately.  That is very important!

Contact Information