Massachusetts Pedestrian Accident Attorney FAQs

We offer completely FREE consultations. We only get paid if we win your case. That is called a contingency fee. If we don’t win, we don’t get paid.

We begin working on your case immediately. We take care of everything so all you have to focus on is getting better. We handle all communications with the insurance company, and collect all documents and medical records that are related to your case. We then begin negotiating with the insurance company to get you maximum compensation for your injuries.

It depends on a number of factors. Generally, as long as the operator of the car that hit you had a reasonable chance to avoid striking you, then you have a case to pursue. Negligence needs to be shown before the motor vehicle operator can be held liable for your injuries.

That depends on factors such as: whether you were responsible for being hit by the car; the injuries you sustained; the amount of your medical bills; the amount of lost time from work; whether you have any permanent injuries from the pedestrian accident.

Probably not. The vast majority of Massachusetts pedestrian crash cases settle without the need for going to trial.

You don’t owe any state or federal taxes if your case settles.

The car insurance company for the person who struck you is responsible to pay for your “reasonable and necessary” medical bills following the accident. This is called Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits. These benefits pay for ambulance, hospital, and all other follow-up medical treatment related to the accident. Your private health insurance company may also be responsible for paying your medical bills you incur following the accident.

PIP is also available for lost wages. If you lose time from work then the car insurance company for the person who hit you is responsible for paying 75% of your gross lost wages that result from the accident. Necessary paperwork must be filled out by your employer to establish the amount of lost wages you sustained.

Another source of recovery for you is for pain and suffering. This is non-taxable money paid to you for the physical and mental distress caused by the accident. Please note your accident-related medical bills must be at least $2000 to collect pain and suffering damages. If you have less than $ 2000 in medical bills, but sustained a fracture, or scarring, then you can still bring a claim for pain and suffering.