What To Do After Slipping And Falling On Snow And Ice

Massachusetts this weekend is bracing for the first storm of the season. That means people will be slipping and falling and sustaining personal injuries as a result.  If you are facing the aftermath of one of these accidents, here are some things you should do to protect your rights.

Report The Accident

Following the fall, it is wise to report the accident as quickly as possible.  Whether it be a storeowner, landlord, or homeowner, it is important to notify the appropriate party of the fall as quickly as possible.

Keep in mind that with most slip and fall claims in Massachusetts, proper written notice of the accident must be sent.

A qualified and experienced Massachusetts snow and ice accident lawyer will be able to send the appropriate notice to the appropriate party.  Failing to properly notify the property owner can be detrimental to an otherwise valid claim.

Take Photographs

If possible, take photos of the snow and ice that you fell on.  All smart phones have high-quality cameras that are capable of producing high-quality photographs.  Quality photos can be quite helpful.  The better the photos, the more helpful they will be for the case.

Seek Prompt Medical Treatment 

Slip and fall accidents are no laughing matter. They can produce injuries ranging from strains and sprains, broken bones, and in some cases, death.  Getting appropriate medical care is essential for properly addressing the injuries suffered.

Also, the medical records will accurately record the nature and severity if your injuries.  If you are considering filing a claim, medical records will be required to establish to the insurance company the injuries you suffered from the slip and fall accident.

Contact A Local Slip And Fall Lawyer

If you have slipped and fell on snow and ice, or any other substance, you will need to hire a lawyer who can effectively advocate for you.  There are many lawyers in Massachusetts. It is important though to hire someone with experience with slip and fall cases.

Contact us today for your free consultation. We only get paid if your case settles. We would be happy to help with you with your case. Call us today to get started.