Ten Things To Do After a Massachusetts Car Accident
Car accidents cause those involved to experience many types of injuries. Some of those injuries include sprains, strains, fractures, and, sometimes, even death. Massachusetts car accidents happen every few minutes and the chances are high that most Massachusetts motorists will be involved in at least one car accident.
There are certain things you should do after a Massachusetts car accident to provide that your rights are protected later on when you are trying to settle your personal injury and property damage claim. Here are ten things to be aware of:
1. Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
2. Do not speak to the insurance carrier of the other person involved in the accident.
3. Take pictures of your injuries.
4. Take pictures of any damaged motor vehicles involved in the accident.
5. Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
6. Get immediate medical attention, and tell the doctor each and every part of your body that is injured.
7. Get the name, address, telephone number, driver’s license information, license plate number and insurance company of the other party involved in the accident.
8. Report the accident to your insurance company.
9. Call the police to make an accident report.
10. Call a Massachusetts personal injury attorney right away.