Some Information About Claims Against the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
If you have suffered this misfortune, here are some things you need to be aware of:
1) There is now a three statute of limitations for claims against the MBTA;
2) Notice of your accident should be sent – via Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested – to the MBTA legal department located at the Transportation Building in downtown Boston within two years of the date of your accident;
3) The MBTA generally, through the Treasury Department, only has money at or around July 1 of each year to pay out on claims;
4) After your accident, make sure the MBTA creates an accident report of the incident;
5) The MBTA does not give away money; litigation is often (if not always) necessary with personal injury claims against the MBTA.