Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Boston Personal Injury Lawyer
Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer
No one ever wants to be the victim of a personal injury accident. Whether it be a car accident, slip and fall, workers compensation accident, or dog bite, you want to make sure you have the right Boston personal injury lawyer. Here are some questions to ask the lawyer:
1) What percentage of the recovery will you take if there is a settlement or verdict? (33% is standard);
2) Do you focus solely on personal injury cases, or do you take on other cases as well?
3) How long have you been practicing law?
4) Do you file suit when offers are low from insurance companies?
5) Have you ever brought a case to trial? If so, how many? What was the result?
6) Would it be you, or an associate, or a paralegal that would be handling my case?
7) Have you ever worked on a case similar to mine, and if so, what was the result?
8) Has a client ever sued you?
9) Have you ever faced disciplinary charges?
10) Do you have malpractice insurance?
11) How much do you anticipate the expenses will be on the case?
Of course there may be other areas you want to inquire about. You can also check out Avvo.com that has reviews of attorneys. This list however should at least get you started in the right direction. Contact us is you are looking for an experienced and proven Boston personal injury lawyer.