My Spouse Was Injured. Our Marriage Has Been Affected. Can I Sue for Damages?

Yes.  Massachusetts recognizes loss of consortium claims.  If your spouse was injured in an accident, and his/her injuries have affected the marriage relationship, then a loss of consortium claim can be brought.  Sometimes an injury victim is unable to offer the affection and companionship he/she was able to provide before the accident.  When this occurs, the spouse for the injury victim may be able to bring a loss of a loss of consortium claim for damages against the person or entity which caused the accident.  Also, children can bring such claims in Massachusetts as well.