Miscellaneous Massachusetts Auto Insurance Information

Here is some miscellaneous information about auto insurance in Massachusetts:

Collision coverage in Massachusetts is optional coverage, but I strongly suggest you buy it.  Although collision coverage can be expensive you need it in case your car is damaged in an accident with another vehicle.  This coverage will pay for the damage to your vehicle.  Although collision coverage can sometimes be expensive (as opposed to liability coverages) you need to have it.

Comprehensive coverage is optional in Massachusetts.  This coverage will protect you if your vehicle burns, is vandalized, stolen, damaged by an animal, or damaged by mother nature.

Property damage coverage in Massachusetts is required with a minimum of $5000.00 in coverage.  This coverage will pay for property that you damage if you cause an auto accident.  I suggest you buy $100,000.00 in property damage protection.

A deductible is the amount of money that you are required to pay.  If you have a $500.00 deductible, you are contractually responsible to pay the first $500.00, and then your carrier pays the rest.  The lower your deductible, the higher your premiums cost.  The higher your deductible, the less expensive are your premiums.