Massachusetts Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice happens everyday in Massachusetts. The legal test of medical malpractice in Massachusetts is whether the the medical treatment, or lack thereof, deviated from the standard of care of the average qualified professional. Medical malpractice is not limited to doctors; everyone from EMT’s all the way up to the most prolific surgeons face medical malpractice liability.
It is important to know that there is generally a three (3) year statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims in Massachusetts, although there are exceptions to this rule.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the various types of medical malpractice scenarios:
– Improper diagnosis;
– Failure to diagnose;
– Medication errors;
– Surgical errors;
– Medical instruments, sponges, needles and other foreign objects left in the body;
– Birth defects;
– Failure to advise of diagnosis;
– Lack of informed consent;
– Improper drug prescription;
– Failure to inform patient of available treatments;