Is Your Car Accident Claim Worth Pursuing?
There are a number of factors that come into play when an attorney decides whether or not to take on a car accident case for a client. Here are some, but not all, of those factors:
1) Has the statute of imitations run (it is different for different types of cases)?
2) Was the client injured?
3) Did the client seek medical treatment?
4) Did the client incur at least $2000 in medical bills (only applies to car accident cases)?
5) Is there insurance, and if not, does the person who caused the injuries have assets?
6) Can liability be established;
7) Is the case so small that it would make more sense for the client to handle the case by himself?
There are many other potential factors that must be analyzed when an attorney is deciding whether or not to take on a car accident case. These are some common questions that attorney will be looking to answer when evaluating your case. Be sure to reach out to the Law Office of Christopher Earley for help with your specific case.