I Was In a Massachusetts Auto Accident. Can I Sue For Pain and Suffering?

You can, if you can meet any of the following requirements:

1)  Your "reasonable and necessary" medical bills are at least $2000.00; or

2)  You sustained a fracture in the accident; or

3)  You are somehow scarred or disfigured as a result of the accident; or

4)  You have  a loss of function of a body part as a result of the accident.

If you meet one of these requirements, then you can sue the driver who caused the accident for pain and suffering.  Please note that these requirements are referred to as the "tort threshold."  Therefore, they only apply to auto accidents.  If you have been injured in a Massachusetts slip and fall accident, the tort threshold does not apply.

We Are Fully Open And Working Remotely

We are taking on new clients and moving existing cases toward successful resolutions. Call 617 338 7400. Stay home and stay safe!