Hit By a Car in Massachusetts? Here is Some Important Information
Pedestrian accidents happen all too often. They can be a traumatic and life-changing experience, in so many ways. Here are some important points to keep in mind if you have been hit by a car:
1) It is the operator's insurance company that is responsible for paying for your "reasonable and necessary" medical expenses;
2) The operator's insurance company will also pay 75% of any lost wages you sustain as a result of the accident. But, the insurance company for the operator who caused the accident is only required by law to pay up to $8000.00 for your medical bills and lost wages;
2) For pain and suffering, it is again the operator's insurance company, rather than your auto insurance carrier, that is responsible for paying you for pain and suffering;
3) It is important for you to keep a log of all of your expenses (medical, lost wages, and any other losses) you sustain as a result of the accident.;
4) Photograph your injuries so you can show the adjuster exactly where, and to what extent, your body was injured.
If you, a friend, or a loved one, has been hit by a car, call me right now at 617 338 7400, or email me at [email protected] for a completely free consultation.