Getting Lost Wages Paid After A Car Accident

If you’ve been involved in an auto accident, you may be losing time from work. Getting lost wages paid after a car accident is something you will need to address.

Massachusetts law says that you may collect 75% of your gross lost wages following a car accident. You must first though submit a PIP application to the insurance company. As well, you must have a letter from your doctor taking you out of work, and a lost wage verification letter from your employer confirming you missed time from work.

The lost wages will be paid by the insurance company that insures the vehicle you were in at the time of the auto crash. You don’t have to pay any state or federal taxes from the recoupment of lost wages.

Keep in mind you are limited in collecting no more than $8000 in lost wages. If you have more than that, and if you also have a loss of earning capacity in the future, then those losses must be recovered against the insurance company that insures the driver of the motor vehicle that was responsible for causing the crash. Your car accident attorney can help you file the necessary paperwork with the insurance company for your lost wage claim.

If the car wreck occurred while you were on-the-clock for your employer, then you would have a third-party claim, as well as a workers compcompensa case. It is the workers compensation insurance company that will pay your car accident-related lost wages. If you are temporarily totally disabled from working due to the accident, then you can collect 60% of your gross, pre-tax, average weekly wage. If you are partially disabled, then you may collect 75% of your temporary total disability rate.

Lost Wages From A Car Accident Lawyer

Contact the Law Office of Christopher Earley today if you need help collecting lost wages after a car accident. We would be pleased to assist you with your case. And we only get paid if we win your case.