Effective Massachusetts Personal Injury Demand Letters
If you are handling your Massachusetts personal injury claim without an attorney, you will need to know how to write, and present, an effective demand letter to an insurance adjuster. Here is a primer from Nolo.com on this very topic:
"The demand letter is the centerpiece of the insurance claim negotiation process. In it, you set out to the insurance company your strongest arguments concerning:
- what your injuries were and are
- why the other person is legally responsible for your injuries
- what your medical treatment was and how much it cost
- what your income loss was
- what other damages you suffered.
Your letter should conclude with a demand on the insurance company for a lump sum to settle your entire claim."