Deadline Approaching for Installation Of CO Detectors in Massachusetts

Please be aware that next Friday, all homeowners and landlords are required to install carbon monoxide detectors on their properties.  The bill is aptly named "Nicole’s Law" after Nicole Garafalo of Plymouth, Massachusetts, who died last year after carbon monoxide levels increased in the house she was living in due to a vent in the house which had become covered in snow.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is a type of personal injury that I have never dealt with in my personal injury practice.  I am hopeful that this new, and very important law will help to prevent tragic deaths like Nicole’s.

Please contact me with your thoughts on this new Massachusetts law.