I Was Injured at Work. Can I Sue for Pain and Suffering?

In Massachusetts, if you are hurt at work, you cannot sue your employer for your injuries.  What the law allows you to do is to file a claim for Massachusetts workmans compensation benefits for your on-the-job injuries.  As a Boston workmans compensation attorney, I am frequently asked by clients if they may sue for pain and suffering.  While you cannot sue for pain and suffering, you can however sue a person or company apart from your your employer if they somehow cause your work injuries.

Boston workmans compensation attorney


As an example, if you slipped and fell at work, and the reason for your fall was negligence on the part of a third-party cleaning company, then you file a Massachusetts against that company (assuming they were negligent).  Or, if you had a car accident while on the clock and it was the fault of someone unrelated to your employer, you can sue the person/company that caused the accident, but you may not sue your employer for those work-related injuries.

If you had an accident at work call Boston workmans compensation attorney Christopher Earley today for your free consultation.  No fee unless we win your case.