The Most Common Personal Injury Accidents in Boston Boston sees its fair share of accidents. Like with any major city, Read More…
Boston MBTA Accident Lawyer
Boston MBTA accident lawyer Christopher Earley has represented many people injured in MBTA (Massaaccidents Bay Transportation Authority) accidents.
Based on the volume of people transported by the MBTA each day, it is sadly true that when accidents happen, many people tend to be injured.
Accidents caused by the MBTA and it’s employees are quite common. These accidents sometimes happen on MBTA property. Other times they can happen away from MBTA property in the form of bus, commuter rail, or trolley accidents.
Our office has extensive experience with the MBTA in settling these negligence cases both before, and after suit is filed.
The MBTA legal department is usually inundated with cases as these matters frequently take extensive time to settle.
As a transporter of tens of thousands of people each day, the MBTA is considered a “common carrier.” This is the highest duty of care in personal injury law. Any breach of this high standard is considered negligence.
Common MBTA Injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Facial injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)
- Wrist fractures
- Knee injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Meniscus injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Brain injuries
- Disc herniations
- Ankle Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Wrongful death
Types of MBTA Accidents
Commuter Rail Accidents
Slips And Falls On MBTA Property
Falling Objects On MBTA Property
Time Limits On MBTA Accident Cases
There are some important time limits on claims against the MBTA to keep in mind. First, notice must be sent of your claim within two years of the date of the accident. Legally, this is called presentment, and the presentment letter must be sent certified mail, return receipt requested, and it must contain specific information about the claimant (the one making the claim) and the specific facts about what happened in the accident.
The statute of limitations for MBTA accidents is 3 years. Also, any lawsuit filed for personal injury against the MBTA must be filed in the Superior Court.
Boston MBTA Lawyer Christopher Earley Can Help You
If you had an MBTA accident call today for your free, no-obligation consultation. We have years of experience successfully settling these cases and we welcome the opportunity to help you with your your case. We are Boston lawyers that successfully handle MBTA accident cases.
- $875,000 – Settlement for minor struck by car
- $700,000 – Settlement for man seriously injured in motor vehicle collision
- $250,000 – Dog bite settlement for young boy attacked at a farm he was visiting with parents
- $225,000 – Settlement for restaurant employee who slipped and fell
- $225,000 – Settlement for tenant injured by defective wooden porch
- $200,000 – Slip and fall settlement for tenant who slipped and fell due to water leak
- $200,000 – Settlement for woman who slipped on snow and ice on driveway
- $190,000 – Cyclist struck by car
- $175,000 – Slip and fall in parking lot due to icy conditions
- $150,000 – Motorcycle accident resulting in scarring and disfigurement
- $125,000 – Settlement for tenant injured by tripping hazard
- $103,000 – Trip and fall settlement for fall due to negligently placed cardboard
- $100,000 – Settlement for toddler struck by motor vehicle
- $100,000 – Slip and fall settlement due to unreasonably icy staircase
- $100,000 – Settlement for man struck by car
- $85,000 – Auto accident settlement
- $80,000 – Dog bite settlement
- $75,000 – Slip and fall settlement for employee injured on customer’s property
- $62,500 – Auto accident settlement
- $50,000 – Auto accident settlement
Read Our Reviews
Connect With Us
What You Need To Know If You Get Hit By A Car As A Pedestrian Many people unfortunately do at Read More…