Boston Herniated Disc Injury Lawyer Herniated discs can be extremely painful and problematic injuries. They are sometimes called slipped discs Read More…
A Boston Car Accident Lawyer That Wrote A FREE Book You Can Get Right Now
Helping People Make Great Legal Decisions For Their Massachusetts Car Accident Claims
Boston car accident lawyer Christopher Earley can help if you were injured in a car accident and need legal help. Our office has achieved millions of dollars in settlements for our clients injured in car crashes. Put our services to work for you.
Be sure to download our free book, The Truth About Massachusetts Auto Accidents before you sign any insurance company paperwork, or meet with an attorney. If you want we can mail you your own hard copy free of charge.
Massachusetts Car Crash Accident Client Testimonials
“When my son was in a serious head on collision I was crazed. Once he was out of danger and I could breathe, I reached out to Chris. His empathy, commitment and expertise shown through during our first meeting at the hospital. During the many, many months of rehab, medical needs and so on – Chris kept us informed, told us what to expect and was accessible. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Attorney Earley.” Jan C.
“I had a great experience with Chris who helped me out with a car accident I was involved in. Truly recommend him for all those people who are unfortunately involved in a car accident.” Francesco M.
Please see all of our other reviews from our clients.
Boston Auto Accident Frequently Asked Questions
Should I get an attorney after a car accident?
If you were injured in a car accident then you will need a lawyer that handles motor vehicle accident claims.
How do you get paid?
We only get paid if we get you a financial settlement. My office charges the standard 33 1/3 % as a legal fee.
How much do you charge for an initial consultation?
Our office provides guaranteed FREE consultations.
How do I find a car accident lawyer near me?
Hire us. We handle cases throughout the entire state of Massachusetts and will travel to you if that is easier for you.
What should you do after the accident?
Motor Vehicle Accident Damages We Pursue For You
- Medical Bills – Whether you were driving your car, or riding as a passenger in someone else’s car, the insurance company for the vehicle you were in pays up to $8000 of your medical bills.
- Lost Wages (past and future) – The car insurance company for the car you were in must also pay 75% of wages you lost as a result of the accident. This number is based on your gross wages.
- Pain and Suffering – The car insurance company for the at-fault driver is responsible to pay for any physical or emotional damages you suffered in the crash.
- Emotional Distress
- Scarring and Disfigurement – We also seek compensation for any permanent scarring, disfigurement, or loss of function the accident caused.
Common Types Of Car Accidents
- Intersection Accidents – These car accidents typically arise from failure to stop at a red light, or stop sign.
- Side-Swipe Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents – We represents injured pedestrians negligently struck by motor vehicles.
- Rideshare Accidents – Uber and Lyft ridership is exploding which means greater risk of these accidents.
- Failure-To-Yield Accidents
- Work-Related Car Accidents – Car accidents that happen on-the-job potentially give rise to both workers compensation and negligence claims.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents can cause very serious injuries given how exposed motorcyclists are.
- Truck Accidents – Due to their size, trucks cause very serious injuries when they are negligently operated.
- Construction site car accidents can happen in a variety of different ways.
- T-bone Accidents
- Accidents involving car re tal vehicles. These crashes can involve insurance coverage issues.
- MBTA Car Accidents – These accidents are common given the high number of MBTA vehicles on the road.
- Hit and Run Accidents – These car accidents trigger uninsured motorist coverage.
- Taxi Accidents – Unfortunately taxi operators get into many accidents (based on the volume of cabs on the road and number of hours they drive).
- Pedestrian Accidents – These accidents commonly occur in crosswalks, but can also happen anywhere.
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Head-On Colisions – These crashes can cause very serious personal injuries due to the blunt force of impact.
- Bicycle Accidents – More and more people are riding bicycles which means greater risk of injury.
- Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Claims – Underinsured motorist claims arise when there is insufficient bodily injury auto insurance to cover your injuries. Uninsured motorist coverage applies when there is no insurance or when there is a hit and run.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Herniated discs
- Wrist fractures
- Knee injuries
- Meniscus injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Brain injuries
- Ankle Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Wrongful death
Car Insurance Coverage Minimum Requirements
Massachusetts requires motor vehicle owners to insure their vehicles. Here are the required car insurance coverages you must carry:
- $20,000/$40,000 in bodily injury coverage
- $20,000/$40,000 in uninsured motorist coverage
- $5,000 in property damage coverage
- $8,000 in Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage
These are the bare minimum coverages you must carry. I strongly encourage you to purchase higher insurance coverage because it protects you, and is quite inexpensive to do so.
Our office is extensively experienced with negotiating car accident claims with nearly all car insurance companies including:
- Liberty Mutual (Safeco)
- Commerce (Mapfre)
- Safety Insurance
- Plymouth Rock
- Pilgrim Insurance
- State Farm
- Hanover Insurance
- National Interstate
- State Farm
- Vermont Mutual
- Amica Insurance
- Norfolk & Dedham
- Arbella Insurance
- Preferred Mutual
- Elco Insurance
- Occidental Insurance
- Quincy Mutual
- The Hartford
Comparative Negligence in Massachusetts
Massachusetts law sets forth what is referred to as modified comparative negligence. This means as long as you are no more than 50% at fault for the car accident, you can still collect damages for pain and suffering.
Who Is At Fault For A Car Crash?
If you were injured in a car accident in Massachusetts, fault needs to be established against the negligent party.
Typically, in the event the other driver hit you from behind, made an illegal left turn, or ran a red light, then the other driver will be held liable.
Regardless of how the crash occurred, as long as you are no more than 50% at-fault, then you may collect pain and suffering damages.
The trickier situation is when both drivers point to the other one for being at-fault for the crash.
Also, many car insurance claims are disputed by insurance companies on liability grounds.
This is why it really pays to have qualified and experienced representation on your side if you believe the accident was not your fault. We analyze all aspects of your case in order to win your case.
Massachusetts standards for determining fault for a car accident is laid out in the Code of Massachusetts Regulations.
These regulations lay out a variety of scenarios in which fault is assigned for a motor vehicle accident.
What Are The Time Limits On Filing A Claim?
In Massachusetts you generally have three years to bring a claim for injuries from a car accident. This is a strict deadline called the statute of limitations.
There are exceptions to this rule. Cases involving children have different filing deadlines.
Also, claims against public entities often have strict written notice, or presentment deadlines, that must be strictly followed, or a case may be dismissed.
It is always wise to act quickly if you are considering filing a claim for car accident injuries in Massachusetts.
If you are under 18 years of age at the time of the accident, you have until your 21st birthday to file a lawsuit.
Why Should I Hire A Lawyer For A Car Accident?
It is critical to know that Massachusetts car insurance companies are in the business of making money. That is in large part accomplished by paying as little money as possible in settlements.
After all, why would the insurance adjuster pay you a fair settlement when you are inexperienced in this arena? An adjuster is only motivated by actual pressure. That is accomplished by hiring aggressive legal representation on your side.
By doing so, you are telling the insurance company that you are serious about pursuing full and fair financial compensation for your claim.
We Are A Law Firm That Gets Results
Since personal injury law is our sole focus, that means we handle a great deal of car accident claims each year.
We have established ourselves in the legal community as highly-respected and accomplished Massachusetts car accident lawyers.
In fact, we frequently have other lawyers refer their injured clients to our office. Having other lawyers trust us to handle their clients’ car accident claims gives us immense pride and satisfaction.
We do not believe in settling a case quickly and then moving to the next case. Rather, we are a results-driven Boston car accident law firm. Each case is handled so as to achieve the best outcome for every client.
Our successful results achieved through the years demonstrates our unwavering commitment to each client we serve.
Whether you have a case worth pursuing or not, we will be upfront and let you know either way.
Car Accident Settlement Results
Here is a sample of some of our prior car accident settlements:
- $700,000 – Settlement for man seriously injured in automobile accident
- $190,000 – Cyclist struck by car
- $150,000 – Settlement for injured motorcyclist
- $100,000 – Settlement for toddler struck by motor vehicle
- $100,000 – Settlement for man serious injured after being struck by car as a pedestrian
Contact Us Today
Tell us about your car accident and we will give you an honest answer as to whether or not you have a case worth pursuing.
See What Our Clients Say About Us
Our satisfied car accident clients speak to the high quality of representation we have provided over the years.
Our strong reputation speaks to our commitment to each and every client we serve.
We are very proud to consistently receive referrals from past clients that recommend our services to their family and friends.
Boston car crash lawyer Christopher Earley can help you. Call today for an immediate, free phone consultation to discuss your case.
Recent Auto Accident Articles
Neck And Back Injuries From A Boston Car Accident Many people unfortunately suffer injuries from a motor vehicle collision. Sometimes Read More…