When A Case Does Not Settle At Mediation Through years of handling Massachusetts personal injury cases, I have found mediation Read More…
Boston Brain Injury Lawyer
Boston brain injury lawyers at the Law Office of Christopher Earley know that brain injuries can be extremely difficult to deal with both for the victim and family. An estimated 1.5 million people each year sustain a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). These people all require some type of medical treatment in order to appropriately address and treat their injury. It is important to hire a qualified Boston brain injury lawyer if you are considering taking legal action.
Injuries to the brain can come from a variety of sources. Frequently it is a personal injury accident that causes these injuries to innocent people.
There are many different types as well as severities of these serious injuries. They can range from mild (concussion), to severe, to even death. Regardless of the type or severity, a head injury should be taken very, very seriously.
Many victims have legal recourse against the individual or company responsible for causing their injury.
That is because whomever negligently causes someone to suffer a head injury can be held liable and ordered to financially compensate the victim for all losses he/she suffered.
What Are Traumatic Brain Injuries?
TBI’s are disruptions to the normal operations of the brain that can result from any blow, force, or impact to the head. They do not require significant trauma as even a seemingly minor, mild impact to the head can bring on a TBI.
If you suspect you may have sustained this type of injury, seek immediate medical attention. These injuries are only discovered and accurately diagnosed through specific neurological examinations, as well as through MRI testing.
Victims often don’t know what their rights are, or what they are entitled to. Getting legal help sooner rather than later is vital. Preserving necessary evidence and witnesses can make or break these types of cases.
The reason is because these claims unquestionably can be very complex. They involve not only specialized areas of law, but specialized areas of medicine as well.
They also frequently involve many different possible parties (defendants) that may potentially be held liable for your head injury.
Who Can Be Held Liable?
Some parties and companies that can be held liable for negligently caused brain injuries are:
- Motor vehicle operators
- Property owners
- Product manufacturers
- Medical service providers
Head Injury Statistics
According to brainline.org:
- people sustain a TBI annually. Of them:
- 50,000 die,
- 282,000 are hospitalized, and
- 2.5 million, nearly 90%, are treated and released from an emergency department.
- TBI is a contributing factor to a third (30%) of all injury-related deaths in the United States.
- Every day, 153 people in the United States die from injuries that include TBI.
- Most TBIs that occur each year are mild, commonly called concussions.
- Direct medical costs and indirect costs of TBI, such as lost productivity, totaled an estimated $60 billion in the United States in 2000.
And from the CDC:
- Falls are the leading cause of TBI and recent data shows that the number of fall-related TBIs among children aged 0-4 years and in older adults aged 75 years or older is increasing.
- Among all age groups, motor vehicle crashes and traffic-related incidents result in the largest percentage of TBI-related deaths (31.8%).
- People aged 65 years old and olderhave the highest rates of TBI-related hospitalizations and death.
What Are Some Common Symptoms?
There are many symptoms that can arise from trauma to the head. Some of the sensory, physical, and cognitive symptoms include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Impaired vision or hearing
- Balance problems
- Fluid leaking from ears or nose
- Slurred speech
- Problems with memory and concentration
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Here are some ways in which these injuries arise from negligent acts:
- Auto accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workers compensation accidents
- Slips and falls
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Snow and Ice Accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- MBTA accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
How Can A Boston Brain Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Given the impact a brain injury can have on one’s life, hiring legal representation is critical. An attorney can advocate and litigate your claim against an insurance company in order to maximize your financial recovery.
Oftentimes insurance companies, when presented with a valid and serious brain injury claim, will deny the case or present a less than reasonable offer. When that happens, a lawsuit is often required in order to get a full cup of justice.
We are lawyers for brain injury victims in Boston that will present your case in court to a jury if an insurance company does not offer full compensation for your case.
We Can Help You
Read our reviews and find what sets us apart. We are a client-centered, results-driven law office that will provide you with personal and effective legal representation from start to finish.
Call the Law Office of Christopher Earley today for your free consultation to get started. We don’t get paid unless we win your case.
Settlement For Client Injured In Car Accident A large part of our Boston personal injury law practice involves representing people Read More…